Sunday, April 20, 2008

For Comparison

My mother and I are more or less weird sisters who are separated by two decades of awesomeness (1968 to 1988) and just happen to technically be mother-daughter. By that I mean that we love the same movies, the same music, we have the same sarcastic sense of humor, the same impatience and nervous habits, as well as the same colored hair and eyes. So today, when my mum created herself a blog and wrote a post about her favorite movies, even though I am pretty sure she is supposed to be doing laundry *shoots Mom a look*, I thought I would do the same, just to see how we compare. Apparently we get to pick our top 10 individual titles, along with 5 trilogies, quadrilogies, septilogies, etc. So in no particular order:

Top Individual Titles:

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
3. Love Actually
4. Tombstone
5. That Thing You Do!
6. Top Gun
7. The Philadelphia Story
8. Super Troopers
9. You've Got Mail
10. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Top Series:

1. Star Wars (original trilogy)
2. Back to the Future
3. Indiana Jones
4. Harry Potter
5. Band of Brothers (Technically a mini-series but I don't care.)

If I could add a few more to my Top 10, our lists would look a lot more similar because I would choose Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Independence Day and French Kiss. But as much as I love those movies, having grown up watching them over, and over, and over, and over, there are more recent films, like Super Troopers, that I love just a hair more.

0 comments: